Monday, December 14, 2020

Oh blasted ¤&%¤!*# gold coin ... where art thou ...?

In case you read the previous post and wondered exactly why I have a full display of Titanium blind bags placed on top of a display cabinet ... here comes the explanation!

I have been looking for that blasted elusive gold coin that (supposedly) can be found inside a Titanium figure if you are really really lucky. And I have been buying A LOT of blind bags to make just that happen. I bought a complete (well, almost complete ...) Titanium collection some years back, but it missed a few of the little bits inside and, of course, the rare coin. Later, I bought a job lot of - I think - 45 blind bags. Still no coin. But I'm a patient and persistent guy, so ... a couple of months later I bought an entire sealed display of 50 blind bags (the one you see on top of my cabinet). So now I must certainly get the coin, right? After all, the display is sealed and NATURALLY Giochi put at least ONE mystery coin inside every batch of 50 blind bags, right ...? RIGHT??

Of course not! More like one in every thousand or something. 

Still. No. Coin. 

But at least I have a very pretty collection of Titanium figures :-)

I have, by the way, heard rumours that the coin is to be found inside the character 'Exiron'. At least, I read about two people who found the coin inside him. If this is always the case, I am not sure. And I can guarantee you that the Exiron figure doesn't always hold the coin. I have opened three or four blind bags with Exiron in them and I always get the same part of a stupid weapon. 

Blast you, Exiron! I hate you and your stupid part of a red weapon!

I have tried to reach out to the beforementioned people ,who actually found the coin, to learn more about it. Basic stuff like: how big is the coin? (picture next to a Gormiti for size comparison, please), is it actually packed inside the compartment of the figure? (coz that would make the coin really really small) or bagged on the side? This could be nice to know, mainly to get a hint of the sound it would make when shaking the bag. Would this sound be different than with the other gadgets? Like more metallic sounding, more noisy? Or is the coin wedged in so tight that it would make no sound at all? 

None of these people have answered my inquiries, probably because they were into gormiti many years ago and dont frequent these Gormiti boards any more. Other people (like experienced Gormiti sellers on ebay) haven't even understood what I spoke about when I mentioned the coin. Huh, what coin?? So, obviously, we're talking about a pretty rare thing. 

See! It's true. The coin exists - it says so right here on the bag

I still hope to find the coin some day. I imagine I will feel like Charlie when he found that golden ticket that gave admittance to the chocolate factory :-) 

If you have any info on the coin, or have the coin, please let me now. I want photos! I want info! But just to be clear: I don't want to buy the coin - I want to find it myself!  

 

 


    

 


No comments:

Post a Comment