Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Mystery solved!

There are two Gormitis in my collection that have been driving me crazy.

Nick and Bullrock from the Cartoon series, 2 inch figures, BUT fully articulated with transparent limbs! I got both of them in big lots bought on Ebay (from Italian sellers if I am not wrong) but until now I have had no idea how these were originally sold.

I have been asking about them online for at couple of months. My first guess was that these two special editions came from a playset. They were definetely not bootlegs - they have the Giochi stamp under the foot, are exactly the same size as the normal Cartoon figures and are just too beautiful and rich in detail to be bootlegs. 

Size comparison with normal Cartoon series figure
Size comparison with normal Cartoon series figure

For months ... nothing, then the other day I got some help on reddit. Actually, a helpful person on reddit had to ask on Instagram and then the mystery was solved. 

Apparently, these two guys were sold as exclusives with a notebook! I managed to find an advertisement for these notebooks called Boom (not sure if that is the name of the company producing them or just the specific line of notebooks but a Giochi Preziosi logo is visible on the bottom of the display). The picture is low quality but the ad clearly states that the notebooks are sold with a Gormiti character in exclusive colors and furthermore we have pictures of Nick, Bullrock, Magmion, Bombos, Toby and Cavarex. These are shown in the normal Cartoon versions for some reason, not articulated with transparent limbs. But logic dictates that, in addition to the two figures I have, there must also exist articulated versions of Magmion, Bombos, Toby and Cavarex!

So, now there’s something 'new' to look for! I keep thinking my Gormiti collection is close to complete and then I discover something new. Let the hunt begin, boys and girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment